Seeks to prevent compromise from privileged software and many hardware-based attacks
Crypto.com, the pioneering payments and cryptocurrency platform, today announced that its Crypto.com Chain, the ground-breaking crypto mobile payment public blockchain, has received its Commercial License from Intel® for the use of Intel® Software Guard Extensions (SGX) in its Trusted Execution Environments (TEE) to achieve a high performance, secure and privacy-protected network.
Crypto.com Chain Nodes are designed to run in secure enclaves of TEEs (such as Intel® SGX) and are extended CPU instruction sets that isolate code executed in an enclave from the host operating system in hardware-encrypted memory. TEEs ensure that even the node administrator cannot see private data that enclave code works with.
In the Crypto.com Chain’s design, TEEs find several compelling use cases:
- Local and remote attestation: Enables nodes or external parties to verify that the code they plan to interact with is indeed the certified Crypto.com Chain code.
- Sealing ledger data: While all transaction data can be distributed to any node for processing, humans (even node administrators) cannot view these data in their raw form.
- “Virtual” hardware wallets: Community nodes can utilize Ledger Trustlet-like software for protecting their private keys.
- Payment protocol enhancements: TEEs have gained popularity in blockchain systems research, as they can offer high transaction throughputs with low latency.
- Witnessing external data: For data from oracles or other blockchain networks, TEEs can be used for attesting data authenticity.
Kris Marszalek, Co-founder and CEO of Crypto.com said, “Security is a critical aspect in the path to mainstream adoption, it is the foundation layer in cryptocurrency. We are pleased to receive Intel’s recognition as we continue to build a sound and secure network for Crypto.com Chain.”
Crypto.com was founded in 2016 to accelerate the world’s transition to cryptocurrency. Key products include: the Crypto.com Wallet & Card App, the best place to buy, sell, and pay with crypto, the MCO Visa Card, a metal card with no annual fees, and the Crypto.com Chain, which enables users to pay and be paid in any crypto, anywhere, for free. Crypto.com is headquartered in Hong Kong with a 120+ strong team. For more information, please visit: www.crypto.com