Happy New Year from Crypto.com!
On top of the holiday festivities, the team shared a number of development and updates. Here are the highlights:
Leading hard wallet security firm, Ledger, will implement payments with Crypto.com Pay, powered by the Crypto.com Chain. Read the full article here
Crypto.com started accepting address details for U.S. card reservations during the start of the holiday season.
Crypto.com launched the enhanced Platinum Referral Program with a redesigned Referrals & Cashback page. It now includes the universal referral code that allows users to invite friends easily. Read the full article here
Tyson Hackwood, formerly of PayPal and Braintree, has joined the Crypto.com leadership team as SVP, Head of Global Merchant Acquisition. In his new role, he will be expanding the reach and adoption of Crypto.com Pay, the cryptocurrency payment solution powered by Crypto.com Chain. Read the full article here
Crypto.com Chain’s CRO Token listed on leading South Korean exchange, GOPAX, where trading started on 19 Dec. The announcement (in Korean) here
Crypto.com ‘UPed’ user experience by increasing per transaction and credit card purchase limits. Automated withdrawals were enabled for ETH and ERC20 Tokens (BNB, MCO, and CRO) joining XRP on the new token infrastructure. A card upgrade path was also introduced to users seeking to upgrade. Read the full article here
Crypto.com Chain’s first CRO Token Airdrop snapshot
The first CRO Token Airdrop snapshot took place on 7 Dec, at 8:00am UTC for eligible MCO tokenholders in the app. Since the airdrop announcement, the platform saw a large inflow of MCO and a solid increase in MCO lockups.
Crypto.com Chain releases consultation paper
On 5 Dec, Crypto.com Chain released a consultation paper and welcomed input from community members, blockchain industry and other stakeholders on the proposed staking and rewards mechanisms for the Crypto.com Chain. Read the full article here
MCO Tokens moved to new address to prepare for integration with institutional-grade custody partner
In preparation for the onboarding to our first selected custody partner, Crypto.com’s MCO Tokens (15,793,851.2682436 MCO) were moved to a new address on 28 Dec, 2018. Read the full article here
Greeting video and Crypto.com Pay preview
Our CEO Kris sent out a holiday greeting to the community in a video that also captured a sneak peek of how Crypto.com Pay works. Watch it here:
Crypto.com University now on website
Our University is back to help give an insight to those new to crypto. It can be found on the website at www.crypto.com/university.
Crypto.com made headlines in various publications
- Seoul Economic Daily’s Decenter interviewed our Head of Corporate Development Bobby where he spoke about the potential impact and development of Crypto.com and why blockchain is valuable to payment. Full article (in Korean) here
- ISACA reached out to our CISO Jason for his thoughts on the recent data breach at Marriott in his article “Cybersecurity Due Diligence: Inherited Risk”. Read the full article here
- Coin Telegraph published an article titled “Crypto.com Nets Ex-PayPal Exec to Increase Merchant Cryptocurrency Adoption”, covering news of our newly appointed SVP, Head of Global Merchant Acquisition, Tyson Hackwood. Read the full article here
- Following the announcement of Ledger and Crypto.com Pay’s Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) signing, Coin Telegraph and South Korean publications Tokenpost, Datanet, and Newswire featured the news on their respective sites.
- Coin Bureau reviewed Crypto.com MCO and wrote a piece on their interview with our CEO Kris. Read the interview and review here.
- Crypto.com was recognized with the ‘Most Innovative Employer Brand Awards’ — Bronze at the LinkedIn Talent Insights and Awards Night, Hong Kong.
- Crypto.com contributed to the 2nd Global Cryptoasset Benchmarking Study, a research conducted by the University of Cambridge Judge Business School. Read the report here