July was a momentous month for Crypto.com. We saw the MCO Visa Card commence shipping in the U.S, with many other important products and event milestones to boot, including the launch of the BG50 referral program, Crypto.com Ambassador Program, and Crypto.com Pay Gift Card live in Australia. Here’s a quick recap of what took place throughout the month:
MCO Visa Cards Starts Shipping
On July 14, the MCO Visa Cards officially starts shipping in the U.S. The launch was also celebrated with an “unboxing” campaign where top 3 photos or videos of card unboxing with the most retweets were rewarded with 50 MCO.
U.S. Card Fiat Top-up is Active
As the MCO Visa Cards make their way into the hands of users, the fiat loading channel was made available, and users can now top up their cards through bank transfers via the ACH Network by selecting the Fiat Wallet option in the Crypto.com App. Read more here.
BG50 Referral Program Launched
We launched the new BG50 referral program offering referrers and their friends a $50 USD bonus (in MCO) with each successful sign-up and a valid transaction (User must stake at least 50 MCO - MCO Visa Card Reservation). Read more about the updated BG50 here.
Crypto.com Ambassador Program Kickoff
We have officially on-boarded our first batch of brand advocates where we will accelerate the transition to cryptocurrency together. Meet them in various social media and community channels via their handles here.
Crypto.com Pay Gift Card Updates
Since its launch in June, the Pay Gift Card merchant list has grown to a total of about 100 brands, catering to users in 12 countries, including the latest addition of Australia. Users can expect more brands to join the list, and get up to 10% back when they purchase the gift cards with CRO.
Crypto.com Chain’s First Settlement Agent and Stablecoin Partners
Crypto.com has welcomed OS Limited (OSL) as its first Settlement Agent and Paxos and TrustToken as stablecoin partners for the Crypto.com Chain. Read about it here.
Earn Funds are SAFU
We are happy to partner with Ledger to secure Crypto Earn assets in Ledger Vault, an institutional grade custody solution.
CRO Token Utility Visual Guide
We shared an updated CRO Token Utility as a quick guide for more new CRO Token holders to check out.
Bitgo Supports MCO and CRO
Bitgo, a digital asset trust company and security company, announced that they have added support for MCO and CRO, which can now be safely stored by institutions on its platform.
Listings on the Crypto.com App
CRO Listing Events
- The Crypto.com Chain Token (CRO) listed on Bithumb. See the original announcement post in Korean here.
- CRO listed on Huobi Global earlier last month.
- Dcoin listed the Crypto.com Chain Token (CRO) and held a joint campaign for Dcoin traders, giving away a total of 280,000 CRO in rewards.
The Team Around the World
- The Crypto.com team was at RISE in Hong Kong, the largest tech conference in Asia, where our CEO Kris spoke at a panel titled “Adapting Crypto For the Real World”. Kris was also interviewed by The Korea Herald’s The Investor at the event for the article titled “Blockchain, there’s no turning back”. Read it here.
- The team caught up with the Singapore community in a close-knit community meetup held at the WeWork Beach Road. Our Chief Strategy Officer Eric was also present to share the latest company developments.
- Our Co-Founder and Head of Corporate Development Bobby was at the Asia Blockchain Summit 2019 in Taipei where he joined in on the ‘What is the Missing Link to Blockchain User Adoption?’ panel discussion.
- Our Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) Jason took part in the IAPP Asia Privacy Forum 2019 in Singapore where he moderated the presentation on “GDPR (1 Year Later): Lessons From Data Breach Victims and Security Professionals”.
- Jason also attended the RSA Conference Asia Pacific and Japan 2019 held in Singapore and delivered on the subject - “Privacy in Asia: Data Protection Demands Regionally and Globally”.
- The Crypto.com Team caught up with community members in Seoul at a meetup with ICON, a leading blockchain network based in South Korea.
- While he was in Seoul, Kris caught up with popular local cryptocurrency influencers Spunky, as well as Brain of God, whom Kris has met for the second time in Korea. In the interviews, they discussed market insight, CRO utility, crypto payment solutions, and more. See the video with Brain of God and Spunky. Kris’s stay in Seoul also spurred another coverage by ZDNet Korea in this Korean article that talks about the cards being available in South Korea later this year.
In addition, TokenPost also sat down with our Co-Founder and Head of Corporate Development Bobby to discuss the common methods to success for payment services companies, Crypto.com’s new products, and the company’s future plans in Korea. Here’s the article (in Korean). Catch the video here:
Centred Upon Cybersecurity
The RSA Conference invited our CISO Jason to contribute to Thought Leadership topics on cybersecurity. He penned his thoughts on the looming threat of AI-powered and malware in his article titled “A.I. Powered Malware: Will Asia Pacific Be Ground Zero?”.
Paper on Privacy Published
Our Blockchain and Security teams have successfully published their paper `ECDSA-compatible Delegable Undeniable Signature` at SECRYPT 2019 in Prague. Our Senior Security Researcher in Information Security Sam attended the event on behalf of the teams. Read the paper here.
News and Reviews
- CozyCrypto captured the essence of Crypto Earn in this review titled “Crypto Earn is the Best Investment Decision you will Ever Make”.
- Community member Cryptomania wrote an article on content site, Coil, detailing the story of why he chose to obtain the Frosted Rose Gold MCO Visa Card. Read it here.
- Block Kong Breakfast’s Charles D’Haussy caught up with our CEO Kris over rice noodles and fried tofu in Hong Kong’s Yuen Long town, and offered his insight into Kris and Crypto.com in this light-hearted piece.
- Blockonomi feature the MCO Visa Card on its article titled “Best Bitcoin Debit Card: The Ultimate Guide”. Read it here.
- Kris was quoted in a Cointelegraph article “Reasons Why US Government Won’t Ban Libra Cryptocurrency”. Read the full story.
- Our Chief Marketing Officer Sean spoke with Bitcoin Magazine on the sidelines of Bitcoin 2019 Conference about various subjects including his first bitcoin experience, the true competition, and the mission of Crypto.com. Watch the video here:
- The Blockfolio Blog published a weekly recap and news of the U.S. card launch was captured. See it here.
- CryptoNewsZ’s Vishal Parma spoke to Kris and encapsulated it in his article titled “In conversation with Kris Marszalek, Co-Founder and CEO of Crypto.com”. Read it here.
- Decenter, South Korea’s first professional blockchain news media, published an article titled “The growth at Crypto.com is skyrocketing with a vision of “Cryptocurrency in every wallet”, here’s the article in Korean.