Hello July! Crypto.com spares no time to continue building and growing. As we welcome the new month, here’s a look at what took place in June:
U.S. Cards Coming 7-14
Crypto.com has unveiled the updated MCO Card designs ahead of its U.S. card launch date which has been set to July 14, 2019. The new design features the iconic Crypto.com brand icon, the Ethereum Lion, while the range also added the Frosted Rose Gold card by community request. Read more here.
Crypto Earn Makes Important Progress
After its initial release, Crypto Earn continues to enhance its features:
- It was opened to users in 37 eligible U.S. states, including the State of Illinois that now has access to Crypto.com services.
- MCO was added to Crypto Earn, where users can earn up to 8% p.a. on MCO deposits.
- The USD Coin (USDC) is also available for deposit now, which was announced when it was listed on the Crypto.com App.
Crypto Super App
The team introduced the Crypto Super App menu to ease user access to functions for all their crypto needs. The App now sports the iconic “Ethereum Lion” logo in the middle of the navigation bar that opens up to a Super App menu in one tap.
Crypto.com Pay New Feature
The team launched the new Crypto.com Pay Gift Card feature that enhances the CRO Token Utility. Users can shop at over 40 worldwide prominent brands by purchasing gift cards with crypto. The gift cards get users up to 10% cashback when they purchase with CRO. Read more here.
Crypto.com Pay Demonstration
The team took to a retail merchant location to demonstrate Crypto.com Pay’s ability to enable instant cryptocurrency payments on existing merchant payment rails. Read more here.
Crypto.com App Multiple Listings
With our new token infrastructure in place, we continue to list coins and token projects in the Crypto.com App, adding 14 more to our platform in June including VeChain’s VET, Stellar’s XLM, Binance Launchpad Tokens including Matic Network’s MATIC, Celer Network’s CELR, Fetch.AI’s FET, and Harmony’s ONE, DASH, Cardano’s ADA, Ravencoin’s RVN, USD Coin’s USDC, Komodo’s KMD, ARK, and Waltonchain’s WTC, Algorand’s ALGO.
More cryptocurrencies will be progressively added, giving users more crypto to buy at true cost - best execution prices, no fees, no markups.
CRO Lists on Multiple Exchanges
- The Crypto.com CRO Token listed on Bithumb Global, a digital exchange launched by Bithumb to reach markets outside of Korea. CRO is among the first tokens to be listed on the exchange.
- Bibox, a Leading AI-enhanced global encrypted digital asset exchange, listed the Crypto.com CRO Token.
- The Crypto.com CRO Token listed on OKEx, a leading digital asset exchange launched to provide global users with a robust digital-asset-only exchange platform.
Blue Tick of Approval
Crypto.com’s Twitter account recently received the blue verified badge, a badge given only when an account is authentic and “determined to be an account of public interest”.
Live AMAs with Crypto.com
- Earlier last month, our CEO Kris did a community Q&A in a live broadcast format via Twitter for the first time, which ran concurrently with a Q&A at Bithumb Global’s Telegram group. Read the recap here.
- Kris also hosted a second live AMA later in June, where he discussed a number of subjects including the imminent U.S. card launch, Crypto.com Pay and CRO progress, and Crypto Earn updates. Click here for the transcript.
- Our Chief Strategy Officer Eric did a live AMA on OceanEx’s Telegram channel, hosted by OceanEx’s Head of Marketing Starry. Eric’s session on the OceanTalk- AMA series was captured in a summary by Twitter user roy_noom in a Medium post here.
Crypto.com Team Around the World
- Our Chief Operating Officer Erald was at Money 2020 in Amsterdam, Netherlands, the biggest fintech event in the region.
- Our Chief Information Security Officer Jason Lau was invited to speak about Cybersecurity/Privacy and Blockchain from an operational perspective at the Hong Kong Baptist University, sharing the floor with Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data Commissioner Wong, and other leaders.
- Jason also attended the Cybersecurity Forum 2019 in Singapore as an honorary opening keynote speaker, delivering the topic about Cybersecurity Trends and Predictions 2025.
Crypto.com in the Press
- Our Chief Marketing Officer Sean talked about Crypto.com’s products and plans with Cardrates.com’s Adam West, featured in his article “Crypto.com Aims to Bring Cryptocurrency to the Mainstream Market Through Secure Mobile Solutions and Innovative Financial Service Products”. Read it here.
- Cointelegraph’s Connor Blenkinsop wrote about Crypto.com’s new features, including Council Nodes, Crypto Earn and Crypto Credit in the article “Community First: One Protocol’s Plan to Give Users a Seat at the Governance Table”. See the story here.
- Mainstream blockchain and cryptocurrency portal IKIGUIDE Singapore featured MCO Visa Card as the #1 out of top 8 most exciting crypto cards in its report here.