We have made great progress since launching the Crypto.org Chain:
- The block height has reached around 720K, and there have been over 3.4B delegated amounts and over 1.3M transactions broadcasted to the network
- IBC Governance Proposal to create new capabilities for future cross-chain implementations has passed
- The Crypto.org Chain Ecosystem Grants Programme went live
- New Testnet launched with NFTs for testing
At this stage, we are ready to launch Canis Major - Phase I of the Crypto.org Chain, and explore new opportunities to further develop and empower the chain. We are now calling for community governance to vote on the Crypto.org Chain upgrade.
What is the upgrade about?
The proposal allows the Mainnet to upgrade with the NFT module. If it passes, minting, trading, and transfer of non-fungible tokens will be enabled.
What is NFT?
NFT (Non-Fungible Token) represents uniquely identifiable tokens with common use cases such as art, gaming, and asset ownership, and we have always been researching and discovering different possibilities to support NFT natively on Crypto.org Chain.
The governance voting process
The community governance voting process for this upgrade will start once this proposal has been funded by sufficient deposit. If the proposal passes, the upgrade will be performed on 1 Jun 2021 23:59:00 UTC. The Chain will be paused to allow the majority of validators to upgrade.
How can I prepare?
The 14-day voting period has begun and will end on 1 Jun 2021, 08:50 UTC. We highly encourage all Crypto.org Chain validators/delegators to cast their votes.
Validators and full node runners will have to upgrade their Crypto.org Chain nodes to the latest release binary (available here).
How do I vote?
We have started the on-chain parameter change governance proposal 4 and would like to invite you to participate in the voting process, you can do that by using
- “chain-maind”, or
- Crypto.org Chain Desktop Wallet
- Download the latest Crypto.org Chain Desktop Wallet Beta v0.2.1;
- Select Governance;
- Choose proposal #4;
- Cast your vote.
How do I upgrade my nodes?
As a node runner, you do not need to perform any operations yet, as the upgrade proposal must be passed first. You can watch for two important dates:
- 1 Jun 2021, 08:50 UTC: The voting period for the update ends, and you can check the result at https://crypto.org/explorer/proposals.
- 1 Jun 2021 23:59:00 UTC : Please upgrade your node by this date if the upgrade proposal passes. Detailed instructions on how to perform the upgrade are to be provided later on https://crypto.org/docs/getting-started/mainnet.html.
***Join the Crypto.org Chain Discord channel to stay in touch with our team and connect with the community.
For more information, developer tools, ecosystem development information, and network governance matters, please visit crypto.org or reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.