At Crypto.com, we put security first, always. Security and data privacy assessments are built into our processes, so you can rest assured that your funds are safe with us.
That said, you also have an important role to play when it comes to securing your account, which is why we put together a helpful list of best practices for you to apply when accessing Crypto.com from your device.
Keep your Crypto.com account and funds safe:
- Avoid using public WiFi networks and poorly-secured connections, as they can expose you to a range of attacks, including eavesdropping and data theft. Bad actors can hack into these networks to steal login credentials, credit card numbers, and other sensitive information when you’re connected.
- Always use your own device when accessing any of your accounts. Shared devices can be set up to access personal data, as they are used by multiple people. Software can also be installed on these devices to track and collect passwords from users.
- Install our apps from the Apple App Store and Google Play only. Apps downloaded from unknown sources might contain malware that is harmful to your device and the data stored in it.
- Cryptography protects us from unwanted hacking and data breaches. However, it’s easy to make a typo when inputting long and complex transaction IDs and addresses. Always double check your deposit/withdrawal details, such as making sure you’re not missing destination tags. A good tip is to copy and paste the address, rather than typing it manually.
- Access to your Exchange account API Key allows other people to move funds and assets on your behalf. With API access permission, third-party apps or services can execute trades, diversify funds, and collect account data. Be sure to verify who has access to your Exchange account API Key (if you use it). If you stop using a service provider, you should remove their access.
Keep your devices safe:
- Remember to activate Anti-Phishing Codes for your App and Exchange accounts. This protects you from phishing attacks that look like emails from Crypto.com. Phishing is one of the most common forms of cybercrime, where the intent is to steal your login credentials or personal data. Also, remember to log off online sessions and clear browser cache after that.
- Install antivirus software on every device you use. Windows comes standard with Windows Defender, which provides a layer of protection. You can also review this list of 2021’s best paid and free antivirus software. Macbooks generally offer good protection against viruses by default, but it’s always a good idea to avoid suspicious looking websites and emails. You can hover over a link to double check where it is actually taking you.
- Keep your system and apps updated to the most recent version. Always install updates when they become available. You can also check if your Crypto.com App is the latest version by going to the App Store or Google Play. It’s important to update to the latest version because it may contain important security features.
- Remove file and printer sharing for your computer, especially when it is connected to the internet. File or printer sharing can give malicious third parties access to sensitive information.
- Set a schedule for backing up of your critical data. You can use Google Drive or other popular cloud storage solutions to back up your important files. This is important because, should your laptop or computer be damaged or stolen, your important data can be restored via your backup.
- Use Multi-Factor Authentication. Using MFA, such as Google Authenticator or Okta, adds an extra layer of security to your account. Requiring an additional generated code when signing in to a new device, or performing important actions in the app (like making a withdrawal), is a simple way to keep your account safe.
When in doubt, talk to us.
If you suspect that someone is impersonating Crypto.com to steal your funds, do not click on any links, respond to their requests, or provide any personal information to them. Instead, confirm the sender’s identity by contacting us through the following official channels:
- Reach out to our in-app support team via Settings > Contact Support;
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact one of the admins in our official Telegram groups
Official Mobile Apps
- Crypto.com App (iOS): https://apps.apple.com/us/app/id1262148500
- Crypto.com App (Android): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=co.mona.android
- Crypto.com DeFi Wallet (iOS:) https://apps.apple.com/app/crypto-com-wallet/id1512048310
- Crypto.com DeFi Wallet (Android): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.defi.wallet
Official Social Media Channels
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/cryptocom
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CryptoComOfficial
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cryptocomofficial/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cryptocom
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOMprzxakZOqmY23LYIawmg
- Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Crypto_com/
- Discord: https://discord.com/invite/nsp9JTC
- Telegram: https://blog.crypto.com/official-crypto-com-telegram-communities/
- KaKao Talk: https://open.kakao.com/o/gGH1WQM