March 10, 2010
Want to know more about Time for Plan B? Click here.
No purchase necessary to enter or win a prize in this Sweepstakes (defined below). A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Void where prohibited by law. Enter via Twitter and Crypto.com account. The Sweepstakes is a campaign sponsored by Crypto.com independently and is in no way endorsed by Twitter, Inc..
By entering into the sweepstakes you agree to be bound by these official rules, please read them carefully before entering. Without limitation, this contract includes indemnities to the sponsor from you and a limitation of your rights and remedies.
1. Sponsor: Time for Plan ₿ - Mar 10 (“Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by MCO Malta DAX Limited, a company incorporated under the laws of Malta ) (“Crypto.com” or “Sponsor”),
2. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open on the date of entry to those who have a Crypto.com account and Twitter account (“Entrants”).
3. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins at 08:00am UTC (04:00 pm HKT) on 10 Mar, 2020 until 8:00am UTC (4:00pm HKT) on 13 Mar, 2020 (“Sweepstakes Period”).
4. How to Enter: To participate and enter this Sweepstakes, you need a Twitter account and a Crypto.com account.
If you don’t already have a Twitter account, visit www.twitter.com to create one; creating a Twitter account is free. By submitting your information and creating a Twitter account, you will be required to agree to the Twitter terms of service and privacy notice. If you do not agree to Twitter’s terms of service and privacy notice, you cannot create a Twitter account.
If you don’t already have a Crypto.com Account, visit www.crypto.com or visit your App Store and download the Crypto.com App. It is free to download the Crypto.com App. By submitting your information and creating a Crypto.com App account, you will be required to agree to the Crypto.com App terms of service and privacy notice. If you do not agree to the Crypto.com App terms of service and privacy notice, you cannot create a Crypto.com Account. Availability is subjected to supported countries.
To enter the Sweepstakes on Twitter, the Entrants must complete the following actions
- Follow the official Crypto.com account on Twitter (@cryptocom)
- Like Crypto.com’s original Sweepstakes post
- Retweet Crypto.com’s Twitter post with #TimeForPlanB
Each entrant can only win once, or one prize in this Sweepstakes.
The Sponsor is not responsible for any changes or unavailability of the Twitter services that may interfere with the Sweepstakes (including any limitations, restrictions, or any conditions on Sponsor’s ability to use Twitter for the Sweepstakes as set forth herein that are not acceptable to Sponsor) or ability of Entrant to timely enter, receive notices or communicate with Sponsor via Twitter, in which case Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may terminate or modify the Sweepstakes. It is a potential winner’s responsibility to set his/her Social Media Account as applicable, to accept contacts by Sponsor and to timely check such account for any Sponsor direct messages.
5. Winners Selection: Winners will be chosen at random. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received.
6. Winner Notification: The Prize Winners on Twitter will be notified by receiving a direct message from Crypto.com to their Twitter account with a request for their full name and email address that they registered with the Crypto.com App (a “Winner Notification”). Once the Prize Winner provides such information they will receive the prize in their Crypto.com Account.
If any Winner Notification or other Sweepstakes communication is rejected or returned as undeliverable, if a potential Winner cannot be reached after a reasonable attempt has been made by Sponsor (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion), or if the potential Winner fails to respond to a Winner Notification within 3 business days, the prize will be forfeited in Sponsor’s sole discretion and an alternate winner may be selected (time permitting) based on the original method of winner selection in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor may only look to five (5) alternate winners for the applicable prize, at which point the applicable prize may be deemed unclaimed and Sponsor will have no further obligation with respect to such prize. Sponsor reserves the right to modify the notification procedures in connection with the selection of any alternate potential Winner. If legitimately claimed in compliance with these Official Rules, the prize will be awarded. To claim a prize, a Winner must follow the directions in his or her Winner Notification.
7. Prizes: Thirty (30) Entrants to split a prize of $3,000 USD worth of bitcoin. In such, each of the Prize Winner will win $100 USD worth of bitcoin.
The Prize Winners will receive their prize as a deposit into their Crypto.com Account within two weeks after the Sweepstakes Period.
All prize details not specified in these Official Rules will be determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor is not responsible for and will not replace any lost or stolen prize or any prize that is undeliverable or does not reach the Prize Winner because of incorrect or changed contact information. If the Prize Winner does not accept the entire prize, the unaccepted or unused part of the prize will be forfeited and Sponsor will have no further obligation with respect to that prize or portion of the prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any inability of the Prize Winner to accept or use any Prize (or portion thereof) for any reason. No transfers or prize substitutions will be made, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. No more than the stated prizes will be awarded. Participants waive the right to assert as a cost of winning any prize, any and all costs of verification and redemption or travel to claim or use a prize and any liability and publicity which might arise from claiming, seeking to claim, or using a prize.
8. Licenses and Approvals: Entrants may not submit an Entry on behalf of someone else. By submitting an Entry, Entrant represents and warrants that Entrant meets all eligibility criteria for participation in the Sweepstakes. In addition, by submitting an Entry in this Sweepstakes, Entrant grants the Sponsor an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive worldwide license to publish, post, display, copy, distribute, transmit, edit, use alone, together or with other works, and otherwise exploit the Entry, Entrant’s name, voice, persona, likeness, image, prize information, any quotes attributable to Entrant, biographical data and any other indicia of persona in any manner whatsoever throughout the world, including on the Internet, and at any time or times, in connection with the Sweepstakes, in any and all forms of media, now known or hereafter discovered, without additional compensation, review or approval rights, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law, and Entrant releases all Releasees (as defined below) from any and all liability related thereto. Entrant further acknowledges that if Entrant is chosen as a winner, Entrants identifying information, including but not limited to Entrants name, may be disclosed to third parties including, without limitation, being placed on a winners’ list.
9. Limitation of Liability: The Releasees are not responsible or liable for any of the following: (a) stolen, lost, late, misdirected, garbled, mutilated, damaged, incomplete, inaccurate, or illegible Entries, e-mail, mail, Sweepstakes-related correspondence or postage-due mail or any technical, computer, mechanical, printing, typographical, human or other errors relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the mailing or transmission of notification or correspondence, the processing of Entries, the announcement of any prize or in any Sweepstakes related materials; (b) technical failures of any kind; (c) unauthorized human and/or mechanical intervention; (d) human error; (e) any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in transmission or communication; (f) viruses or mechanical malfunctions; (g) errors, typos, or misprints in these Official Rules, in any Sweepstakes related advertisements or other materials; or (h) lost or unavailable network connections. Sponsor is not responsible for electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of filtering or insufficient space in Entrant’s e-mail account. Sponsor is not responsible, and may disqualify Entrant, if his or her e-mail address, telephone, or other contact information does not work or if it is changed without Entrant giving prior written notice to Sponsor. If for any reason an Entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or otherwise destroyed, corrupted or for any other reason not accepted as an entry into the Sweepstakes, Entrant’s sole remedy is another Entry in the Sweepstakes.
As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees to release, indemnify and hold harmless sponsor, Sweepstakes entities, Twitter, and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions and advertising, and public relations agencies, and each of their respective agents, representatives, officers, directors, members, shareholders and employees (collectively, “releasees”) from and against any liability whatsoever for injuries or damages of any kind sustained in connection with the use, acceptance, possession, misuse or awarding of any prize, while preparing for, participating in and/or traveling to or from any Sweepstakes or prize related activity, including, without limitation, any injury, damage, death, loss, or accident to person or property. Each winner agrees that the prize is provided as-is without any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, whether now known or hereinafter enacted, relative to the use or enjoyment of the prize. Further, the releasees are not responsible in any way for any additional expenses, omissions, delays, or re-routing resulting from any acts of any government or authority.
10. Additional Disclaimers: Without limiting any other provision in these Official Rules, Releasees are not responsible or liable to any entrant or Prize Winner or any person claiming through such entrant or Winner for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof in the event that any of the Sweepstakes activities or the Releasees’ operations or activities are affected, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion, including, without limitation, by reason of any acts of God, any action, regulation, equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, war, fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, embargo, labor dispute or strike labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any law, rule, regulation, order or other action adopted or taken by any governmental, federal, state or local government authority, or any other cause, whether or not specifically mentioned above.
11. Disputes and Governing Law: By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that to the extent permitted by applicable law: (1) Any and all disputes, claims and causes of action that cannot be resolved between Entrant and any releasee arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) Any and all claims, judgments and awards will be limited to actual third-party, out-of-pocket costs incurred, (if any), not to exceed ten dollars ($10.00), but in no event will attorneys’ fees be awarded or recoverable; (3) Under no circumstances will any Entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and Entrant hereby knowingly and expressly waives all rights to seek, punitive, incidental, consequential or special damages, lost profits and/or any other damages, other than actual out-of-pocket expenses not to exceed ten dollars ($10.00), and/or any rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased; and (4) Entrant’s remedies are limited to a claim for money damages (if any) and Entrant irrevocably waives any right to seek injunctive or equitable relief.
These Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of Hong Kong. Any dispute, controversy, difference or claim arising out of or relating to this Memorandum, including the existence, validity, interpretation, performance, breach or termination thereof or any dispute regarding non-contractual obligations arising out of or relating to it shall be referred to and finally resolved by arbitration administered by the Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre under the Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre Administered Arbitration rules in force when the Notice of Arbitration is submitted. The seat of arbitration shall be Hong Kong. The number of arbitrators shall be one. The arbitration proceedings shall be conducted in English.
12. General Rules: Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Sponsor’s decisions will be final in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right to restrict or void online Entries or participation from any IP address if any suspicious Entry and/or participation is detected. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to void Entries of any Entrants who Sponsor believes has attempted to tamper with or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Sweepstakes. In the event there is an alleged or actual ambiguity, discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes-related materials and/or these Official Rules (including any alleged discrepancy or inconsistency in these Official Rules), it will be resolved in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Entrants waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules. If Sponsor determines at any time in its sole discretion that Entrant is disqualified, ineligible, or in violation of these Official Rules, or engaging in behavior that Sponsor deems obnoxious, inappropriate, threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to select an alternate winner. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and award the prize from eligible entries received prior to cancellation, modification, or suspension or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute concerning who submitted an Entry, the participant will be declared to be the registered account holder of the Social Media Account as applicable, of record for the account submitting an Entry during the Sweepstakes Period, but only if that person meets all other eligibility criteria, otherwise the Entry may be disqualified and any potential Prize won will be forfeited in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Each potential Winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that he or she is the authorized account holder. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the Entry and individual(s) may be deemed ineligible in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Any damage made to the Website, the Twitter service will be the responsibility of the registered account holder of the e-mail address for the Social Media Account, as applicable, submitted at the time of entry. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY ONLINE SERVICE OR WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF THE SWEEPSTAKES VIOLATES CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE, SPONSOR MAY SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW AND MAY DISQUALIFY ANY PARTICIPANT MAKING SUCH ATTEMPT.
13. Official Rules and Winner List: For a copy of these Official Rules or a list of winners, please email the Sponsor at [email protected] Rules requests must be received no later than one month after the end of the Sweepstakes Period and winner’s list request must be received within three (3) months of the end of the Sweepstakes Period.